Rabbit Costume

One size fits all rabbit costume. A phrase not often heard, but one which fits my current situation. I am of course the rabbit costume. A one size fits all kind of guy. I try to be all things to all people. This often has disastrous effects. This blog will be about my efforts, exploits, and eternal musings. Stay tuned to learn, laugh, and come to love the rabbit costume.



For the rabbits sake please donate


Friday, January 21, 2011

Boxes

With hammer in hand and my trusted at my side, I return to the scene with new vigor, ready to tear at those nails which were stopping me from moving on. But when I arrived there was no bed, no nails, only boxes, piled high as far as I could see. I looked at the first one "kitchen stuff" written in black permanent marker. I could still smell the arid odor, these had been labelled recently. Another one, "bathroom", another "computer". I realize these are my things all boxed up and ready to be moved. But I don't want to move. I'm not ready yet. I have nails to destroy, a life to fix, a bed to sleep in again; renewed in honesty and trust and love. That's what the Director said, repair the bed, remove the nail, and all will be well. I know that's what she said. I see another pile of boxes and I move to them, "for sale" they are labelled. I open one, "Hey I'm not selling that, we used that for..." and then more boxes I run to them, but I can't read what they say, the label is blurred. So I try to open it, I can't, they are sealed, I find a knife and rip at it, nothing, I take my hammer and try to smash it, no damage. I try to lift them, I'll just move it back to my pile and work on it later I think. Too heavy. I turn to my trusted and ask for help. Blank stares. The one who gave me the hammer shakes a head, no. 'These are not yours anymore we have other work to do.' I crumble into a ball and watch as the boxes disappear one by one and I am helpless to stop it. I weep. My trusted weep with me. Our tears form a river and the "for sale" boxes float away.  I look back at my boxes and one by one unpack the things in them. I give each item a new name and a new place to fit. I notice each box I open is only half full, the other half an empty space and I know the blurred boxed are the same inside. When all the boxes are unpacked, I see my bed of nails, and notice the center nail seems smaller, still too big to just yank out, but definitely smaller. I feel sadness knowing the Other is doing the same thing as I. Yet also a sense of relief, my first task complete, my first nail destroyed, I hope they are not all as difficult as this. My trusted, my hammer and I look to the east as the sun rises on a new day, and we march west ready for the next nail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment